15 Inspiring Quotes from Digital Marketing Heroes
Digital marketing is of huge importance in today’s world and has been for many years. The internet, smartphones and even tablets have fundamentally changed the way that we do business and changed our shopping habits.
Nowadays, for business success it is vitally important to have a strong digital marketing strategy in place.
We have brought you these 15 awesome digital marketing quotes from the most renowned experts. These quotes are thought-provoking in themselves, but also practical and contain some superb digital marketing advice within them.
1. “Think about changing the mantra from always be closing, to always be helping” – Jonathan Lister
In years past, the emphasis was on closing a deal and making a sale regardless of the customer experience. This is no longer relevant, however – customers now have a huge array of options available to them, therefore you must give them a favourable experience and help wherever possible.
2. “Build relationships, not links” – Scott Wyden Kivowitz
Link building is an important SEO technique and a business should strive to produce a range of quality backlinks. This is not the only important consideration, however, and a business should also seek to build customer relationships.
3. “Why use social media? Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories, you tell.” – Seth Godin
As business has shifted towards a digital medium; marketing is now shifting towards customer experience and involvement. It is no longer sufficient to simply market your products and how fantastic they are. You must be able to provide real value, and also entice your customers through the use of stories, metaphors and real-life situations.
4. “One of the best ways to sabotage your content is to not tie it to your goals. Know why you’re creating content. “ – Ellen Gomes
Creating content for the sake of content is never a good idea. In the past, it was possible to simply generate content to improve SEO – search engines today, however, are intelligent and look for quality as opposed to quantity.
5. “Your headline is the first impression to your content. Make sure it tells the story in your content.” – Taylor Paluck
A headline is something that immediately grabs your customer’s attention – it is usually the first thing they will notice. Due to this fact, your content header needs to be sharp, snappy and to the point – it must also have real value and relate to your content.
6. “Keep it short. No one reads more than the first paragraph. You have 10 seconds, make it count.” – Eric Miller
This is fairly self-explanatory – content does not always need to be extensive. When browsing the web, users have access to a myriad of information – if they get bored of your content, they can simply open a new browser tab and move onto something different. Keep their attention.
7. “Be passionate about your company’s culture and your mission. Remain positive because it inspires others.” – Kurt Uhlir
If you are not passionate about your business, how can you expect others to go above and beyond to help you? Your own passion, ethos and working ethic shine through in everything you do and reflect towards your staff.
8. “Content is fire; social media is gasoline.” – Jay Baer
We love this simple and catchy phrase! In essence, content is the persistent element that generates the heat (i.e. generates exposure and sales), and social media is what ignites the heat and causes it to expand (i.e. shares your content with a wider audience). Basically, social media is a fantastic tool to promote your content and help increase your exposure.
9. “The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.” – Tom Fishburne
All forms of marketing are artificially contrived. What separates the good from the bad, however, is marketing that feels natural and doesn’t feel forced. There is nothing worse than watching a TV ad or seeing a website banner ad and knowing that the sole purpose is to generate revenue – it is such an obvious marketing ploy that it stands out a mile – try and avoid this type of marketing!
10. “Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first.” – Wendy Piersall
During the infancy of search engines, Google cared mainly about your own content, backlinks and organic SEO. Today, however, there is a great emphasis on reviews, sharing and your reputation as a company. Websites who have fantastic reviews, and who have been mentioned favourably in other sources will often rank higher in Google indexes.
11. “Content builds relationships. Relationships are built on trust. Trust drives revenue.” – Andrew Davis
Customer trust is hugely important in the world of digital marketing. It is much easier to sell to someone who trusts your business and brand. Work hard to create a bond with your customers – provide them with useful content and show them that you are invested in their interests. Don’t treat your customers as a number or a figure of revenue.
12. “Marketing is telling the world you’re a rock star. Content Marketing is showing the world you are one.” – Robert Rose
This statement is simply fantastic and poignant – your content should be inspiring and boastful, but it should actually prove your worth. Digital content that is meaningless and shallow will yield poor results. Consider including statistics or reviews to add weight to your marketing – to show that you can deliver. One of our favourite digital marketing quotes!
13. “Empower your readers with social sharing buttons.” – Mike Stelzner
How many times have you read an interesting article and thought “I wish I could share that with my friends!” only to be disappointed as there wasn’t an easy sharing option. Social sharing buttons can increase your exposure and help present it to a wider audience.
14. “Don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with your marketing.” – Mike Volpe
Marketing can often fall short because it is unimaginative and boring. It is perfectly acceptable to try something different – push the boundaries, go against the grain and challenge common conceptions – use your imagination!
15. “People share, read, and generally engage more with any type of content when it’s surfaced through friends & people they know and trust.” – Malorie Lucich
Which would you trust more – a review of a business from a total stranger or a review of the same business from your friend? Use social media and sharing tools to your advantage and allow your content to be distributed through these trusted networks.
We hope you have found these digital marketing quotes inspiring and useful – we sure enjoyed compiling them. Digital marketing can be a challenge, but with the right approach, determination and strategy, anyone can succeed.
Kahootz Media – We Help Companies Grow Online